The objectives and purposes of Jewish Community Council of the Rockaway Peninsula shall be exclusively charitable, scientific and educational within the meaning of Section 501 (c) (3) of the United States Internal Revenue Code of 1954, as the same may be amended, and shall be limited exclusively to the following objects and purposes:
- To combine and coordinate the efforts of all parts of the Jewish Community, including all the religious, educational, social welfare institutions and Jewish communal organizations within the Rockaway Peninsula; to improve the cultural, educational, social, communal and religious welfare within this community, city, state, country and throughout the world.
- To aid in meeting the needs of the impoverished members of the Rockaway Community by determining the nature and extent of their basic needs and methods of meeting those needs.
- To assist and advise other organizations in developing and providing services for the poor.
- To cooperate with governmental and non-governmental organizations for improvements in crime prevention, the expansion of housing, community services, health and social services and similar areas of concern.
- To improve housing and living conditions in the area and prevent the deterioration of existing housing and community facilities.
- To serve as advocates for the communal needs of the Jewish Community.