February 24, 2023 - 12:00 AM
Woodmere , Ny
The long-awaited heavyweight debut of Jon Jones is here. Jones is arguably the greatest fighter in MMA history and is certainly UFC’s best light heavyweight champion. He returns from a 37-month layoff to fight Ciryl Gane for the vacant UFC heavyweight championship at UFC 285 in Las Vegas on March 4.
The fight announcement was paired with the disappointing news that UFC heavyweight champion Francis Ngannou was stripped of the title after being released from the organization. Jones long dominated the 205-pound division with his elite striking, wrestling, distance management and fight IQ. Gane is an athletic, nimble and rangy striker packing a serious punch. Gane has been nearly flawless since debuting with the UFC in 2019, going 8-1 with a close decision loss to Ngannou as the only blemish on his record.
Can’t get enough boxing and MMA? Get the latest in the world of combat sports from two of the best in the business. Subscribe to Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell for the best analysis and in-depth news.
UFC women’s flyweight champion Valentina Shevchenko continues her legacy-building run in pursuit of an eighth consecutive title defense and a reign that has exceeded 1,500 days. Challenger Alexa Grasso has a mountain to overcome if she wants to become the third Mexican champion in UFC history. She is buoyed by countrymen Brandon Moreno and Yair Rodriguez, both of whom captured titles at UFC 283 and UFC 284, respectively. Shevchenko vs. Grasso occupies the co-main event.
Below is the complete fight card for UFC 285 along with the latest odds from Caesars Sportsbook. Check back all week long for the latest news, features and other content around this massive event.
UFC 285 fight card, odds
1. Jon Jones -155 vs. Ciryl Gane +130, vacant UFC heavyweight championship
2. Valentina Shevchenko -625 vs. Alexa Grasso +450, UFC women’s flyweight championship
3. Jalin Turner vs. TBD, lightweights
4. Geoff Neal vs. Shavkat Rakhmonov, welterweights
5. Bo Nickal vs. Jamie Pickett, middleweights
6. Derek Brunson vs. Dricus du Plessis, middleweights
7. Ian Machado Garry vs. Son Kenan, welterweights
8. Cody Garbrandt vs. Julio Arce, bantamweights
9. Viviane Araujo vs. Amanda Ribas, women’s flyweights
10. Julian Marquez vs. Marc-Andre Barriault, middleweights
11. Mana Martinez vs. Cameron Saaiman, bantamweights
12. Jessica Penne vs. Tabatha Ricci, women’s strawweights
13. Da’mon Blackshear vs. Farid Basharat, bantamweights
14. Kamuela Kirk vs. Esteban Ribovics, lightweights
UFC 285 info
Date: March 4
Location: T-Mobile Arena — Las Vegas
Start time: 10 p.m. ET (Main card)
How to watch: ESPN+ PPV